If you can chop and stir, you can make this delicious, healthy, and cheap Chicken & Vegetable Curry (Easily remove the chicken & broth for a vegetarian twist on this easy meal!)
I’m not sure about you… But, I LOVE indian food. OH MAH GAW! I can’t get enough. What’s worse,,, the Indian restaurants around here STAAAANK! It’s so unfortunate. So I threw together this delicious concoction to keep my spicy Indian needs at bay…
- 2 Medium sized potatoes. Chopped/cubed (I used russet)
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen or canned Corn, Pea, Carrot mix (Preferably frozen, they don’t get as mushy)
- 1 Chicken Breast. Chopped/cubed
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 2/3 Cup Plain 0% Chobani (or any plain yogurt)
- 2/3 cup HOT water
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 tbsp. Ginger
- 1 Cube chicken Broth
- Ground Red Chili Pepper, to taste
- (OPTIONAL – I like mine spicy!) Thai Chili Paste, to taste
- Heat pan over medium heat with olive oil.
- Once oil is warm, but before it pops – add Garlic, 1 tbsp. Red Chili Pepper, Potatoesand Chicken. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring to evenly cook chicken.
- (In Separate Sauce Pan) Add water and Chicken Broth, stir until cube has dissolved.
- (Meanwhile making the brown rice)
- Add to Chicken and Potatoes. Mix in Curry Powder, Red Chili Pepper to taste, Thai Chili Paste, to taste, Yogurt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover to simmer for roughly 15 minutes (until potatoes are soft)
- Add Vegetable Mix and cook for 8 minutes.
TA-DA! Delicious, goodness, amazingness & all you had to do was chop & be patient for things to soften up! Also, this baby cleared my sinuses right up (Tons of Thai Chili Paste will do this. NOMERZ)
Did I mention it’s totally healthy, too?!