(inspired by Fit Chick In The City‘s weekly ‘say it do it’ – SAY IT DO IT, is my monthly blog feature where I track my goals for the month coming & recap on how much I accomplished the month before. Accountability really is SO much of the process!)
March kicked my butt! I’ve noticed I’m not alone in this… March seemed to come and injure a LOT of people I know… They weren’t kidding, beware the ides of March!
Even though I got injured, I still had a good month. I enjoyed myself, quite a bit. Unplugged more than usual (and secretly enjoyed every second of it) smiled and laughed a ton more than I did in February.
1) PR at the KELLY’S St. Patricks Day Shamrock 5k - yeah… I was well on track to PRing until I got slammed into the ground and effed up my knee. I’m not going to say I would have PRed because you have no idea what can happen at any given step of a race, but it was going to be a great race either way. I still had fun though! Most important thing about racing with me, is not placing or PRing – it’s having fun. I did the serious competitive cry over a tenth of a point competing ALL MY LIFE growing up. Ovz it. I had a blast, it was a gorgeous day, I had free beer after in the inner harbor of Baltimore, which is as beautiful as it gets. I met Dianne and Renee, who were both adorable and sweet just as I pictured!
2) Take Engagement Photos – I don’t really understand why this keeps getting missed. haha. I swear we both care a ton about our wedding, in fact we have made a ton of progress on actually planning the wedding…. But no worries, we actually have a date set with our friend who will be in town the first week of April, and a location! So they will be done soon!
3) Smile More - Mission absolutely successful. While, I certainly was miserable when I was told not to run for awhile, & have been frustrated with my knee since… I still smiled a ton. I have grown more appreciative of the things I have since Matthew left us. I have been able to enjoy myself in the moment again, something I was starting to lose for awhile…
4) Pilates at least 2 times per week - more or less a win. This week I haven’t done any pilates, but I’m trying not to be sore at any point, what with CUCB on Sunday! Other than that, even when hurt, I at least modified what I was able to do.
5) Run at least 4 times per week - This was obviously modified. But other than the 1.5 weeks not running AT AL, I did accomplish this!
6) Pick up a non-fitness related hobby other than reading – I reignited my passion for travel. Which, is actually a really awful thing because the BURNING ITCH and NEED to travel is now driving me crayzay being in one place. The nice weather fast approaching is making it easier, there are a lot of awesome outdoor activities to do in Maryland, so long as the weather permits. But, that still won’t be enough to extinguish my need to travel. (basically I need to win the mega millions)
So yea, March wasn’t perfect. I could be really hard on myself that I didn’t reach barely any of my goals, but instead I’m choosing to be realistic. The reason (other than engagement pictures, that’s just purely prioritizing on both our parts) was completely out of my control. There is nothing I could do, unless I wanted to hurt myself and end up needing ACL surgery (for the second time in my life)
In March I DID complete Mad Abs March – every single day of the month was competed! bikini season is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. It’s working too. Between my strength training and Mad Abs workouts, my stomach is starting to look WAY more bikini ready, and my arms are starting to see a little bit of shape!
(I plan to post an update picture when I can convince Z to snap some… the angles of self portraits aren’t honest)
ON TO THE NEXT! April’s SAY IT DO IT
1) Complete Bess Be Fit’s 500 Ab Challenge once a week - Like I said, Bikini season is dangerously close!
2) Cross that 13.1 Finish Line on the 29th! - on top of that I have another goal, ONLY if my knee allows – I am 100% going to listen to it every step of the way.. But my secret goal is to finish sub 2:45. IF my knee allows.
3) Enjoy CUCB on Sunday. Try not to race it, and go slow and steady so I don’t completely blow out my knee.
4) Kick Ass April – The picture really speaks for it self!
5) Lose 5 lbs. - Now, this is a tricky one. I’m trying to gain muscle – so losing pounds is kind contradiction. I want to lose 5 pounds worth of fat. If the number on the scale goes up, because I have gained muscle mass – that’s fine. I will not cry over a number on a scale, it’s all what that number MEANS.
6) Go hiking at least twice. I lurvvvv hiking. The weather is going to be getting amazzzzzinnnggg
So, there we have it, folks! April’s SAY IT DO IT!
Now, what are YOU going to do to kick April’s ass?!