I have a secret to tell… Even chefs and cooking lovers like myself enjoy a simple, easy to assemble meal! GASP! It’s true. From time to time I more than love throwing things in a bowl, sticking it in the oven and walking away for a half an hour.
My favorite go to healthy, protein packed & super easy meal? SPINACH QUICHE!
- 6 Egg Whites
- 3 Cups Low-Fat Cheddar Cheese (or any cheese of choice)
- 1 Package/10 oz Fresh Spinach (frozen works just as well)
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Brocoli, Chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Preheat Oven to 350*F
- In lightly oiled skillet, saute onions and brocoli. Stirring occasionally, cook until onions are soft. Add spinach, cook until spinach is softened (if using frozen spinach, cook until all moisture has evaporated.)
- In a mixing bowl add egg whites, cheese and vegetable mixture. Stir until evenly blended.
- Poor into lightly greased pie dish.
- Bake until eggs have set and there is a light golden crisp on the top layer. (Roughly 25-30 minutes depending on the size of baking dish used)
It really is that simple, y’all!
Let cool and you have yourself a delicious protein packed meal! Best part?! Only 116 calories per serving.