(inspired by Fit Chick In The City‘s weekly ‘say it do it’ – SAY IT DO IT, is my monthly blog feature where I track my goals for the month & recap my goals for the previous month)
For the last couple of months I’ve basically abandoned ‘Say It Do It’ But, with August being here already (what the heck!?) there are some big big big things that need to be accomplished this month. Time to hold myself accountable again! I found that publicly admitting my goals like this, really helped me stick to them. When I stay quiet about what’s going on, who can check in to make sure I’m getting everything taken care of?! Exactly.
Since I have nothing to recap from July, I’ll just get right down to brass tax.
1) Run at least 50 miles. San Antonio Half training has started and if I do every run just as my training says, I’d tap out at 61 miles this month. Since the last week has been.. well, hahaha. yeah…. I thought I’d be fair and give myself an even 50. There for, every single training run for the rest of the month HAS to be ran. 2:30 isn’t going to run itself now is it? (yea yea some of you speedsters are thinking ‘uh yeah it will’)
2) Drink at least 90oz of water every day. I’ve been slacking in the hydration department recently. Unless a lot of wine and coffee counts as hydrating… If you take a look at my skin, you can SO tell. There is a direct correlation between the nutrients I do or do not put in my body, and the condition of my skin. Not to mention it’s just incredibly unhealthy not to stay hydrated, especially as a runner.
3) Get ALL addresses for our guest list. I didn’t realize before, just how difficult this process would be. It’s quite comical how few phone numbers I have in my contact list now. After replacing my phone last time, I lost them ALL… -Head Desk- so this has made getting addresses a bit more difficult. But — our list is finalized and we’re ready to gather the last bundle of addresses we don’t have.
4) Lose 5lbs… I have been watching more & more flab make its way to my body the last couple of weeks… I even stepped on the scale this past week and although I’m hugely against numbers and scales… I freaked out when I saw I currently weigh more than I EVER have. ever. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. The other day, you may have read my declaration to consciously make the effort to be fit and healthy. I wasn’t kidding. I’ve knocked out more miles in the last 2 days than I did in the two weeks prior, COMBINED. I’ve ate better. Created a menu plan for the week to come. I’m already feeling 1billion times better with myself and my body, just knowing that I’m on the right track and back in control.
5) Read 3 books. I love to read. Such a huge book worm over here! But, I’ve found that “me” time has all but disappeared. If I get any time to myself, I just enjoy the silence and nothingness… It doesn’t last very long so I just embrace it.. Then realize I didn’t do much of anything with that short amount of time. HA. So, I’ve ordered 5 books (what??…) and plan to read 3 of them by September. (I just threw up a little in my mouth realizing that NEXT month is SEPTEMBER!)
Summer is coming to a close here next month! Yikes. Where has it gone???!!! What are YOUR goals for August to bring summer to a close on a high note?