There are a LOT of races that I have my sights set on, but when I really think of it, there are CERTAIN races – that for one reason or another I have to run during my lifetime!
In no particular order:
- St. George Marathon - this was the marathon that made me decide I wanted to run a marathon in the first place. I don’t like the idea of leaving my first marathon up to chance (aka a lottery) so I opted against it being my first. But, one day I will make this mostly down hill marathon, my bitch
- Boulder Boulder 10k – Every memorial Day one of the biggest 10Ks in the country go off… With over 90 waves and live entertainment every step of the way. Add it to the fact that Boulder, CO is the most adorable little city in the universe
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon – I am obsessed with everything Disney. Disney movies, Disney theme parks, Disney resorts, Disney everything! Living in Celebration for 2 years didn’t add to that or anything… HA. The Disney food & wine festival is my favorite time of year there! A festival perfectly fit for my culinary & disney passions. Would love to go back and attend again, only this time – also running!
Warrior Dash- I Ran the Warrior Dash MD in May 2012.. Plan on doing it again every year! SO much fun. Read about it here
- Maratona di Roma - Talk about history. I don’t think this one needs any explanation.
- BII Maybank Bali Marathon - Oh Bali, famed the Island of the Gods…Full of hills, rugged coast lines, gorgeous sandy beaches, and crystal clear water… It’s not only a top travel destination of mine for personal and spiritual reasons, but it’s also a top running destination!
- Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon - An adorable medal, a great course, and a well reputed marathon. What else does a runner want in her life?
- Disney Princess Half Marathon – We already went over how much I love Disney, so it’s obvious that a ton of women, and some men all dressed up like Disney princesses running throughout the theme parks and highways, would excite the daylights out of me.
- The Great Open Road Marathon – If you haven’t heard of this Marathon, I suggest you check it out! The elevation is a bit intimidating, but the fact that you’ll be running along the gorgeous blue ocean of Australia makes up for it (or at least in my opinion)
- Hood To Coast Relay - This 199 mile team relay event starts in Portland, and runs through some wicked awesome scenery all the way West, until you hit the coast!
- ING Miami Marathon & Half Marathon – Miami, another one of my favorite places in the US. Who needs an excuse to spend time in south beach? & what an excuse a race weekend is
- Big D Texas Marathon - As a former Texan I have to run this event! Starting at the Cotton Bowl, running through a city that I know like the back of my hand!
- Nike Women’s Marathon - One of my all time favorite brands, and one of my all time favorite cities combined to run one of my all time favorite sports…. ALRIGHTY THEN!
- NYC Half Marathon - Running through Central Park and Manhattan is my kind of dream come true. Big cities like NYC just take my breath away. I love them so much
- Marathon De Paris - Running along some of the most beautiful streets in the world, and finish shortly after passing the Eiffel Tower.
- Austin 3M Half Marathon & Relay - Austin, the Texas city that has always had my heart. Gorgeous, the soul of the music scene, artistic. This “mostly downhill” half marathon has been on my radar since I was choosing my first 13.1…
- Tough Mudder - Claiming to be the “toughest event on the planet” I’m ready to show 10-12 difficult miles who is BOSS
welll welll well… It appears I need to get my legs movin!
What events are on YOUR race bucket list?